Just the Facts, Ma'am
July 2011 hiking and camping trip with my husband James into Mount Massive Wilderness.
1. I have now lived in Colorado for 8 years. Second longest place I have
lived since leaving home for college.
2. I am a second generation teacher and principal. (Both my parents, both
my brothers, and both my sister-in-laws are teachers.)
3. I once tried out for American Gladiators and got an interview, but no
4. I was a three time Missouri state discus champion and held the state
record for 2A for 13 years.
5. My parents have been married for 50 years and I hosted their surprise
wedding anniversary party and invited over 360 people.
6. I have lived in large cities like San Antonio, Texas, and
Washington, D. C.
7. I am married to James Franklin and we have three children: Gillian,
Greer, and Tristan, and one dog named Ronin.
8. I have many varied interests, but I most like to lift weights and
have lifted since my dad taught me when I was 14 years old.
9. My best powerlifting weights to date are bench 245 lbs., squats 360 lbs.,
and deadlifts 350 lbs.
10. I can name all the teachers I have ever had in school starting in